Andy is an award-winning administrator and an award-winning teacher from Haas School of Business at the University of California at Berkeley. Andy joined the faculty of Haas School of Business after receiving an A.B. in Mathematics from Princeton University and a Ph.D. in Operations Research from Stanford University. At the Haas School, he served several times as chair of the Operations & Information Technology Group, and, during the period 1991-2007, he served as the Haas School’s Associate Dean for Instruction.
In 2007, Andy was awarded the Chancellor’s Distinguished Service Award for his long-time service to both Haas and the University. For his teaching, he twice received the Haas School’s Cheit Award for Teaching Excellence (once from the Full-Time MBA students and once from the Part-Time MBA students), and he received the campus-wide Distinguished Teaching Award from the University’s faculty. Andy has been a Visiting Professor at Switzerland’s Lorange Institute of Business (where he twice received awards for teaching excellence) and a Visiting Professor at Denmark’s AVT Business School. He has taught a variety of executive education programs in the United States, China, Thailand, Taiwan, Jamaica, Mexico, and Switzerland. In 1988, Andy’s textbook Management Science was published by Prentice-Hall.
- 40+ years at Haas School of Business at the University of California, Berkeley, serving in a wide range of capacities in teaching (undergrad, grad and executive programs), administration, (Associate Dean of Instruction) and strategic (leadership roles in capital campaigns, global strategic collaborations and faculty steering committees)
- Deep networks at Haas School of Business and the University of California at Berkeley as well as the broader academic, technology and business community in the San Francisco bay area.
- Global experience in designing and establishing new business degree programs and supporting a wide range of stakeholders.
Education Sector Expertise:
- Advisory support for the design and management of new business degree programs at:
- Dar Al-Hekma University (Jeddah, Saudi Arabia)
- National Vietnam University (Hanoi)
- Almaty Management University (Almaty, Kazakhstan)
- Effat University (Jeddah, Saudi Arabia)
- Positions held at Haas School of Business
- 2004-Present: Lecturer
- 1991-2007: Associate Dean for Instruction
- 1980-2004: Associate Professor
- 1974-1980: Assistant Professor
- Data Science
- Risk Management Via Optimization and Simulation