Brent is a catalyst; an experienced executive driving innovation, operations, and mass market adoption. He is recognized as a hands-on entrepreneurial expert for creating strategic partnerships, developing and launching new products and services,and entering new markets.
Adept at turning ideas into reality, Brent co-founded five companies that combined have raised over $500 million with the most recent being the WAX token generation event netting $150+ million in Q4 2017. Services and products launched by him have been embraced by customers and partners in the US, Europe, and across Asia Pacific.
Brent’s career spans startups to the world’s largest enterprises. From 1985-1995, he was an award-winning political media producer and strategist working on hundreds of campaigns in nearly every state with clients including 3 US Presidents and a Pope. He learned the art of persuasive messaging while producing over 600 TV ads and well over a thousand radio ads. He extended what he had learned to the fledgling internet by building first websites for the RNC, the United Way, and Pope John Paul II.
In 1995, Brent opened the new media practice at LA’s Grey Advertising where he created first-ever websites for Caesars Palace, Oral-B, Pedigree Dog Food, and many other brands. Over the next 20 years, Brent held executive leadership roles spanning media,tech, operations, production, marketing, strategy, and business development.
From 2010-2014, Brent was Managing Director of China and Asia Pacific for Lycos, an internet marketing company. He pursued, closed, partnered with and produced advertising for many of the world’s best clients including Coca-Cola, Amazon, Baidu,Estée Lauder, P&G and Unilever. This came at a time when “smartphones” had taken over and the internet was suddenly in every consumer’s pocket. To support the inflow of opportunities, he introduced and staffed digital agency service bureaus in 7 countries across the region while negotiating 2 joint ventures with the Chinese government.
Returning to LA as VP of Software Products at publicly-held ReachLocal in late 2014,Brent joined the turnaround team hired by a newly appointed CEO. The company sold to Gannett 18 months later. During his time orchestrating the WAX sale event, he co-founded DATA, a 501c6 nonprofit, that helped pass sweeping blockchain-friendly legislation in WY and other states in 2018.
- 20+ years as entrepreneur and business executive working in the world of communications, marketing and messaging
- 10+ as media strategist for political candidates, issues, and causes
- Managing Director at Team Impakt LLC, a management consultancy firm
- Industry roles include: Head of Marketing Communications at OPSkins/WAX, Founding Managing Director of China and Asia Pacific for Lycos, Co-Founder and Chief Operating Officer at eHobbies, VP of Site Design and Operations at Realtor.com
- Member of Boards & Committees: Outside Director for Mantle Networks, Co-Founder and Board Secretary of the Digital Asset Trade Association (DATA)