George joined Wasserman in 2015 as a Director in the Team Sports Division and was elevated to Senior Vice President of Basketball Operations in 2017. David is an invaluable resource to Wasserman, having spent 18 years as an NBA front office executive for the Detroit Pistons, most recently as the team’s Assistant General Manager. David helped construct the Pistons rosters that won the 2004 NBA championship and advanced to the 2005 NBA Finals, part of an NBA-record six consecutive Conference Finals appearances between 2003-2008. He brings a unique perspective to Wasserman’s basketball division, having also spent five years as a member of the prestigious NBA Undergraduate Review Board, which assists upcoming draft eligible players with making a decision on if and when to enter the NBA Draft
In his role with Wasserman, David assists COO Jason Ranne in directing the day-to-day operations of the basketball division, handling NBA, NBA G League, and international player relations. He also directs all facets of client draft preparation, which has resulted in four Lottery picks and 14 overall selections in his three years. Additionally, he plays an integral role in free-agency negotiations and presentations to NBA teams, highlighted by Wasserman’s record-breaking 2015 free agency summer in which the basketball division negotiated over $700 million in contracts.
- Former Assistant General Manager that helped construct 2004 NBA Championship Detroit Pistons Team
- Head of Basketball Operations for Wasserman, one of the leading agencies for the NBA
Role at Athleta-Ed
- Provide strategic guidance for developing the basketball vertical globally
- Support with introductions to potential partners
- Assist in developing sports business content