Hany is a private equity and venture capital executive having experience as a principle investor and executive in venture backed companies. From 2007-2015, he was part of the founding team of RHT Partners, a private equity firm backed by major UAE investment groups and business leaders. During his time in Dubai, Hany worked on a wide range of transactions within social infrastructure sectors (eg. education, healthcare, transportation & logistics, security & defense). Through his time with RHT Partners, Hany was involved with some of the largest private school groups globally, Ministries of Education and major corporates and investors focused on the education sector. Hany is a subject matter expert in education, regularly speaking at education and investment conferences as well as advising strategy consulting firms, corporates and public sector entities related to cross border education and venture initiatives.
Earlier in his career, Hany worked in technology and investment banking roles in Palo Alto and Southern California. He received his Bachelor's degree in History form UC Berkeley and his M.B.A. from the joint program of Haas School of Business (UC Berkeley) and Columbia University.
- Growth and venture capital leader with expertise in cross border finance and business development
- Venture Partner for two separate venture capital firms (US and China) providing education sector expertise as well as Middle East expansion support
- Subject matter expert in education for top 3 global strategy consulting firm as well as serving advisory and Board roles in education companies from early to higher education
- Global networks at the highest levels (CEO, DG and Minister)
Education Sector Expertise
- Subject matter expert for leading global consulting firm, regular speaker and participant at education conferences and has contributed to several white papers on technology and finance in global education
- Founding team member and Advisor to Higher Ground Education (www.tohigherground.com), a Montessori school management company founded by a world class team and backed by the leading global education focused venture capital firm
- Co-founded International Horizons College, a 2-year “honors community college.” Partners included the founders of the two largest K-12 private school groups in the UAE as well as business and government leaders
- Part of team that advised Board and management of Taaleem (www.taaleem.ae), the leading K-12 education company in the UAE. Company shareholders include among the most influential government and private sector individuals, corporates, and family offices in the UAE. Subsequently, RHT led the investment resulting in significant minority stake at time when a UAE government entity merged with Taaleem