Russell is a pioneering digital learning and educational technology strategist with expertise in instructional and learning design and ground-up development of digital learning products. He held key management roles at R.R. Donnelley & Sons and Hurix Digital prior to joining Aptara—the market leader ($175+ mill in revenue) in the Ed-Tech product development space. Russell heads up Aptara’s Digital Learning & Ed-Tech Group and is responsible for the conceptualization and development of next-generation digital learning products—adaptive courseware, immersive objects (AR, VR & MR), virtual learning labs, animations, interactive simulations, and game-based learning.
Russell has been on the Presidential Advisory Board (since 2016) and worked on key Ed-Tech initiatives for the Dept. of Education. Russell has also served on executive and steering committees of leading digital publishing and educational technology forums, including the International Digital Publishing Forum, IMS Global, and EdNET. He is a member of NADP and the Maryland India Business Roundtable.
- Market-facing thought leader in the realm of digital learning and Ed-Tech with over a decade of business leadership experience
- Specialize in the R&D, conceptualization, and development of pioneering digital learning and Ed-Tech products and innovative business models; spanning educational, publishing and enterprise learning domains
Role at Athleta-Ed
- Oversee evaluation and selection of education technology and content development providers / partners
- Support development of technology roadmap with key stakeholders. Direct oversight of product development
- Support development of strategic plan
- Introductions to global leaders in higher education (academia and technology, thought leaders, VCs and education policy makers)