Prior to joining RBC Wealth Management, Shawn worked at Morgan Stanley Private Wealth for nine years as a first vice president. Prior to Morgan Stanley, Shawn was a vice president – investments for six years at UBS Wealth Management. Prior to UBS, Shawn was a financial services specialist at Independent Capital Management and a senior production manager for two years with Encodethis, a firm specializing in digital film encoding.
As a financial advisor with the CPWA® designation, Shawn has the experience to help address the complex challenges high-net-worth clients face, including applied behavioral finance, tax-efficient portfolio management, trust and estate planning strategies, asset preservation and charitable giving. He also understands the unique needs of corporate executives and owners of closely held businesses.
Shawn graduated from the University of California, Los Angeles with a Bachelor of Science degree in cognitive science, with a specialization in computing science. He earned his MBA with honors, from the Anderson Graduate School of Management at UCLA where he was also a teaching assistant for economics, finance and creative problem solving.
As a lifelong Bruin, Shawn is an avid supporter of UCLA Athletics and the Wooden Athletic Fund.
- Certified Private Wealth Advisor® with more than 15 years experience working with ultra high-net-worth families
- 13 years of teaching personal finance at the high school, undergrad and MBA levels
- Industry Advisor to the Student Investment Fund at the Anderson School of Management at UCLA
- Founder & CEO of Fantasy Clubhouse, a platform that connects fans with professional athletes for a round of golf
Role at Athleta-Ed
- Support with creation of Financial Literacy course that is of critical importance to professional teams and college athletic programs. Leverage this course and Athleta-Ed research in the area to develop unique programs for athletes and non-athletes to manage their personal finance
- Support development of sports business case studies and engage guest lecturers for tailoring presentations
- Provide strategic insights and guidance