Shayne has graduated Magna Cum Laude from Indiana University and has built his career in venture capital and emerging growth. Shayne is a Co-Founder & Managing Partner of CAЯBON, which is a new element of impact investing that creates “blueprints”, which are used to replicate solutions advancing Literacy, Women Empowerment, and Resource Efficiency (Food/Energy/Water/Materials). The CAЯBON model empowers communities around the world to achieve sustainable growth at an unprecedented velocity by implementing these “economies in a box” through an innovative and financially inclusive model.
Shayne’s background in venture capital, private placements, advisory, and M&A spans multiple sectors including impact, education, IT, industrial, and life sciences. He consults with numerous startups on deal structuring, syndication, strategic development, and alternative financing. Shayne also actively engages youth through guest lecturing appearances at universities and high schools on social entrepreneurship and how to create impact.
- Head of an emerging growth advisory group at DLA Piper focused on venture fundraising, M&A, and management of the internal venture fund. Large network of institutional investors in seed, venture, and growth equity
- Invested 60% of a $100mm venture portfolio with NJTC Venture Fund focused on early & expansion stage technology investments
- Head of Sustainability working on product management in addition to corporate finance for a leading Cleantech company called Hycrete Technologies
- Director of Analytics and creator of an alternative investment reporting platform known as iLevel Solutions (spinout of The Blackstone Group)
Education Sector Expertise
- Early stage and lead investor in Achieve 3000: achieve3000.com
- Advisor to Arena Education: arena.org
- Advisor to Ghost Robotics: ghostrobotics.io
- Strategic partner to SmartGurlz: smartgurlz.com
- Lecturer at Indiana University and Purdue University
Role at Athleta-Ed
- Provide support for developing strategic partnerships / relationships
- Review strategic initiatives / partnerships
- Introductions to investors and venture capital initiatives